Thompson & Terry Recruitment are committed to ensuring that our business and practices are conducted as ethically as possible by following the below policy.
Our long-term goal is to build on our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy with the view to obtaining our B Corp certification.
From the very beginning, our goal has been to provide a transparent, honest and ethical recruitment solution to candidates, clients and our own staff. We vow to only submit a candidate to a client if we would personally employ them ourselves. Our ambition is to grow together as a business, as individuals and as part of the wider community.
Looking after Employees
It is vital for us that our employees are treated in line with our mission statement to ensure that we establish a good working environment, individual wellbeing, and personal growth and development.
- Every employee is involved in business decisions and discussions on ways that we can improve productivity, performance, development and company culture
- Each employee is trained thoroughly and is knowledgeable on every aspect of the business (recruitment, finance, administration, marketing, business planning etc.)
- Every employee has weekly and monthly 1-2-1 meetings with our Director, whereby professional development is a key focus and individual goals are established to ensure that employees are fulfilled
- Promotions are written into every employees contract, provided they meet a set of job-specific criteria
- We regularly have team lunches and lunchtime walks to reward employees and improve mental wellbeing and work-life balance
- All employees receive a salary review on a 6-monthly basis, in line with monthly reviews and market rate
Looking after Clients
It is vital for us that clients are treated in line with our mission statement to ensure that we build strong, consultative and transparent relationships and subsequently provide successful recruitment solutions.
- We conduct thorough interviews with candidates prior to submission to ensure that they are the right fit for our clients
- We provide detailed and honest application notes for each applicant, where we explain the candidates suitability as well as outlining any concerns that we have
- We only ever submit an original copy of a candidates CV and never edit or rewrite CVs
- We offer free advice and suggestions to many of our SME clients who are unsure of what they want their next recruit to look like, prior to taking on any specific roles
- We offer multiple different recruitment packages to ensure that our clients have the freedom to choose the recruitment process that suits them best
- We always work to a fair fee to reflect ‘market rate’ in line with the service we provide
- We regularly contact clients to update them on the recruitment process
Looking after Candidates
It is vital for us that candidates are treated in line with our mission statement to ensure that we build strong, consultative and transparent relationships and subsequently provide successful recruitment solutions.
- We provide candidates with honest overviews of potential job opportunities and companies
- We offer every candidate a detailed telephone conversation with a senior team member prior to an interview to clarify any questions they have and ensure that they are fully prepared
- We offer extensive careers advice to all candidates, whether they’re using us as a recruiter or not – these can be accessed via our website and social media channels
- We commit to writing weekly blog posts detailing comprehensive careers advice, which we promote via our social media channels to all of our candidates and followers
- On a candidates first day in their new role, we send them a hand-written card to congratulate them in their new job and wish them good luck
It is vital for us that, as outlined in our mission statement, we engage with and give back to the local community as much as possible.
- We regularly volunteer to support charities and charitable causes – our main charity partner is SeeSaw, where Ben took the voluntary role of Corporate Ambassador
- We regularly volunteer at local schools, offering careers advice to students through presentations, workshops and 1-2-1 interviews
- We provide an abundance of free-to-use, easy-to-navigate careers advice, which we are constantly adding to and improving. These can be accessed via our website and weekly blog posts, all of which is regularly promoted via our social media channels. Our goal is to create a complete and free guide including everything needed to obtain employment or employ
As outlined in our mission statement, we are passionate about offering a transparent, honest and ethical recruitment solution for the benefit of all around us. To achieve this every business decision we make must adhere to our mission statement and CSR policy perfectly.
Equally we gain feedback from employees, clients, candidates and our community on a monthly basis to ensure we consistently meet expectations. However, we are always looking to find ways to improve in line with our mission statement.