Who are we?
Thompson & Terry Recruitment is an independent recruitment agency with a real difference. We are a boutique full-service consultancy, with a key focus on sourcing and placing candidates in Sales, Marketing, Office and Administrative roles, across Oxfordshire and nationally. Whilst most of the roles we work on tend to fall into these areas, if we can understand a role, we can normally help.
We are dedicated to building strong and personal relationships with our clients and candidates, allowing us to match our people to our jobs as accurately as possible. Our team provide a head-hunting approach to typically recruitment agency level vacancies and we vouch to only send candidates to our clients that we would personally employ ourselves and are really proud of the statistics that we have achieved as a result of this approach. Over 80% of the first CV that we submit to our clients successfully get the job compared to the significantly lower national average of circa 5%. Furthermore, 93% of these candidates remain with our client after at least 9 months of employment.
From the very beginning, our goal has been to provide a transparent, honest and ethical recruitment solution to candidates, clients and our own staff. We vow to only submit a candidate to a client if we would personally employ them ourselves. Our ambition is to grow together as a business, as individuals and as part of the wider community.
To find out more please read our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
- August 2014: Thompson & Terry Recruitment is founded by business partners Ben Thompson and Mike Terry
- May 2015: We move into our first office, located in central Abingdon
- June 2015: We hire our first team member
- April 2016: Our Managing Director Ben is appointed the president of BNI and announced the #1 BNI member in the UK
- June 2018: Ben becomes our sole shareholder and Managing Director
- October 2018: We move into our new bigger office, located on Abingdon High Street
- February 2019: Ben is announced as a Finalist for the HSBC Business Leader of the Year Award at the South & Vale Business Awards
- June 2019: Ben is nominated as one of B4‘s ‘People to Watch’ in their 50 to Watch awards
- September 2019: Ben is shortlisted for the ‘Business Advocate of the Year’ award at The British Business Awards 2019
- March 2020: The team begin remote working during the pandemic
- December 2020: Our Managing Director Ben becomes co-owner of The Oxfordshire Business Community Network
- January 2021: Ben launches Oxfordshire’s first business radio show – Business Brunch with Ben and Mike on Get Radio
Now sole Managing Director, Ben has ambitious plans to continue to grow and develop our independent Abingdon-based recruitment agency, with a focus on ensuring that we are always improving our services and strengthening our client and candidate relationships. To find out how we can help you to recruit talented individuals or how we can support you in finding your dream job, head over to our Clients and Candidates pages.
Whilst our day-to-day job is recruitment, we are always looking for ways to get involved with the local community. Currently, we work closely with the Oxfordshire-based charity SeeSaw, a non-profit organisation that provides support services to children and young adults who are suffering from grief or bereavement.
Our Managing Director, Ben, is a Corporate Ambassador for SeeSaw and over the past year, we have taken part in various fundraising events in aid of the charity, including winning the JACKfm 5-a-side football tournament!
If you would like to know more about SeeSaw and how you can help then please get in touch.